Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, April 22, 2013

A Wedding

As you can see, Jake's email this week was very short.  We are used to long, detailed letters from him.  We are victims of the new relaxed email rules allowing missionaries to email people other than immediate family.  Jake said his inbox was stuffed.  We are hoping Jake's mission president will eventually give them more than the 60 minutes to email that they have had before the rule change. 

April 22, 2013

That is a WILD WEEK. I really enjoyed hearing about it. I wish I could be there to enjoy in all the crazy events. Hopefully Isaac survives until Summer then he is free from the ligaduras of elementary school heck haha.

I wish I could sum up this week in one email :(

We had a very successful wedding! It was fun to see everyone having a good time and to see our top 2 investigators get married and prepared for their baptisms. It will be this Saturday. They and we are very excited.
 



Elder Cardoso is the bomb. I have loved having so much fun with him. He has taught me so much already. Oh and he has pcitures of his girlfriend everywhere, they are getting married as soon as he gets back!

The Spirit is with us. Remember that. We were given that gift upon baptism. Use it! Trust in the Spirit especially when you need it to comfort and guide you. The Spirit comes when you pray for it with faith. I testify to you of this. The Spirit is with us when he are obedient in living the commandments and when we seek it. The Spirit has guided me daily on a mission and there is no reason it can't guide any of you daily.

By the way-- The assistants are doing service at Keith Foulk's house next week. I am very jealous and they rubbed it in to me haha. I went to dinner at Chile's with an inactive family. It was fun, but there was a D-back Yankee game on the TV. It was sooo hard not to look haha. I don't really know why, but it was. and I didn't look, just saw who was playing the first time i looked haha. Oh, and I broke 200 pounds! It is fun eating a lot at members houses. Especially because they want you to. The biking will bring me down soon though.

Sorry this is so short I will do better next week!! :( :/

Love you Sam, Isaac, CAroline, Mom, and Dad! Love, Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment