Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, October 21, 2013

All Weeks are Great

This week was great. All weeks are great. They are just kind of moving along now. One by one. I am working hard not to fall into any bad rhythyms or slumps. I am taking things one day at a time and putting 100% in every little thing I have going.
 
Yesterday was the Primary Program. It was actually really spiritual and special to me. I enjoyed listening to good singing and basic doctrines of the Gospel explained by primary kids. That is how it all should be! We need to focus on families, our roles as children of God, and our love for the Savior. No mas. It was a very spiritual meeting with some awesome testimonies at the end as well. A lot of members got emotional. I felt the Spirit the strongest I had in weeks when the whole congregation stood up to sing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives!" It was very powerful. I just kind of sang and scanned the chapel every now and then to look at all the members who I admire and really trust. There are a lot of great people in this branch and a lot of people that are just flat-out awesome.  I came to a realization that we are all sons and daughters of God (I know, I am a little slow). Members, non-members, less-actives, yada yada. It really doesn't matter if other people aren't doing what I may think they should be doing. That is selfish and judgmental of me. Everyone is trying their hardest and we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father and we ALL need help, nurturing, love, attention, and the Gospel. I felt an outpouring of love from the Spirit in that Chapel and an outpouring of love for all the members in there. I just want to love everyone! Life is easier that way. Hermano J. said to us last week that wouldn't life just be so much easier and better if people went around saying nice things about others or pointing out something good about them? Asi es la lucha de la vida!
 
The S. family is doing great. I have always thought how cool it would've been for me to be one of the two first missionaries there praying with him when he felt the Spirit move up his arms to his chest but it certainly has been a giant blessing to be a part of there lives for the six months after baptism. They are so much fun. We stop by just to talk about church things a lot and they love learning about anything. I taught them a little about the Abrahamic Covenant yesterday because they asked. We gave a kids' BOM to Cassandra for her to give to her neighbor and she gave it. Mario and Glenda taught the second hour at church. They are not very outgoing so they were nervous but they asked me a lot of questions and invited all to participate and it went super well. They are so awesome. We also taught Jocelyn another lesson on temples. She wants to get married there one day and be able to go inside soon. All things are in the right direction for both of them! It has been nice to focus on recent convert work as of late. Real-growth is the best part of teaching!
 
Recently I have found myself with less motivation than what my normal levels usually are. It may be because of all this talk of 'changing' within the mission and without haha. I am working on just living and working now. Yesterday I decided that I just need to work. I don't really think breaks are for me. That is just how I am. I work better without them. So when I find myself having a tough time starting something, I will just try harder and push myself harder to doing it and then I will start enjoying it :) Don't worry- I am not pushing muself too hard. I love working :) But the thought of transfers has crossed my mind. I love the Rama Estrella and I feel emotionally connected with it after being here 6+ months!  It's not worth anticipating anything though- I could be here until Sam's birthday, or until my MTC-entrance date!
 
Love you family!
Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment