Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, November 3, 2014

More Temple Visits

It was as splendid week! For Halloween me and 5 other Elders just
worked out in our apartment complex haha. I didn't really want to so I
just took pictures of all of them. But I am still working out okay. I
am running three miles and Hermana Zelaya (missionary) told me today
that I look skinnier in the face and I feel skinnier so I am going to
keep working on that! Elder McCuch is a ruthless trainer. We went to
the temple twice more this week! I got to go at night with Lupita so
that was neat. She is the bomb. She asked many many questions and had
a memorable experience. I think I went the busiest night of the month.
It was a 40 minute line to get on the bus and it was start and stop
inside the temple. A lot of people. The Temple President is in our
stake and he said that 170,000 people visited it in three weeks. Elder
McCuch and I went Saturday morning with our cuban friend, Angel, and
the Peruvian member, Carcamo, who feeds us a lot of food. Some
miracles really came to past this last weekend so three less-active
members came with us too. One of them I had never met before after
having passed by her house 8 or 9 times. We just messaged her randomly
on facebook and she came the next day! It was a sweet ending to a
frustrating three weeks because we organized a lot, but a lot fell
through. But a few very wonderful experiences were had at the temple
:) We should be hearing plans soon about moving furniture into the
building.

Stake conference was a blast. I love the West Maricopa zone. It was
kind of funny too. I feel like I know half the stake just from
exchanges and getting to know the missionaries and their members and
investigators. I said hi to a lot of random Spanish and English
people. I joked around about how they were going to extend me a stake
calling at the conference. They didn't. But they probably will when I
move back. It got me excited to maybe getting transferring. I imagine
it will happen actually. We will see in 2 weeks! The Temple Dedication
is in 13 days and the celebration is in 12! It is coming fast.
yesterday for Stake Conference President Uchtdorf and Elder
Christofferson spoke to us and 96 other Arizona Stakes by broadcast.
We are getting a lot of prophetic instruction lately. They talked a
lot about being great parents and families. Elder Christofferson said
some cool things about how the Gospel needs to be an interior
influence and not an exterior one. President Uchtdorf said he got his
endowments taken out at the Mesa Temple! He also talked about the new
temple and reminded us that "the temple is not for perfect people; if
that were so, not only would no one be able to come in, there wouldn't
be anyone on the other side of the door to open it!" Elder Foster of
the 70 said that every time we say brother or sister to one another it
is testifying to that person of the eternal nature of the family of
God and that He is our Father. Good stuff! As always, the Work of
Salvation night session was phenomenal. Our stake leaders are very in
tune with the Spirit and give very captivating talks. I enjoy this
place.

So Elder McCuch's and I's hearts were hit hard last night when Anah
told us that she won't know if she can be married or not until two
months from now because of her citizen stuff. I feel like I have met
and worked with so many prepared people out here but this whole
marriage mess is changing everything up for the worse! Oh well, I know
they will be married and baptized. I just wish we could all have a
little more faith! Elder McCuch and I were talking this week; none of
us really have faith anymore. People don't take steps into the dark
like they used to. We DON'T TRUST GOD. If we had a little more
knowledge of what He is like and what He is willing to help us with,
or even just a belief in that, or even just a DESIRE to believe, then
we would be able to see so many more miracles. Oh well, we all fall
short of the glory of God and we are all working on it. Caution:
Perfection Pending for all of us. Gerardo is staying very close to the
Spirit though and is drawing closer and closer to God.

Other than that, our area has had a tough week. A lot of meetings,
temple visits, Elder McCuch was a little sick, Halloween and other
stuff. It is getting freezing down here! Maybe Elder McCuch and I will
bike a little this week. His Dad is doing great by the way. He will be
finishing tests soon then he will just be on medication for a bit.
Thanks for all the prayers.

I love you all! T-minus less-than-24-hours until Caroline is off! I
promise it will only be about 8 weeks of having more than one child
away from home! Only 7 more emails I will be sending you! Say hi to
Troy, Dallin, Alec, and Brit for me too please. And pray that I can
make some progression out here, lest I return home the same goof I
left out as.

Love you! Elder Jacob Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment