Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, February 10, 2014

Following the Spirit

We got the packages and the mail. Thank you very much! I LOVED mine. and Elder Ramos LOVED his!! He really was so happy so last night was a great night. He is going to enjoy all that candy. I just know it. You asked something about if he needed anything else? Well he sends like five letters a P-day and slaps like $2 of stamps on each. If you ever were looking for something to send I think it would save him money if we knew what it costed to send stuff to San Salvador and if he had some International stamps. The packages were great though; our apartment had a big pancake breakfast this morning! 
 
Elder Ramos and I are working hard at following the Spirit. It is a mission-long goal I have. I still don't have it figured out but it is kind of nice to celebrate successes. Yesterday night we were going to eat with Hermana Parra and her nonmember husband. He had to work so she gave us our food to go. It was rotten. We took it to a park and started to eat but realized we needed utensils. Elder Ramos was prompted to knock on the door of a less-active that I hadn't met yet and ask them. We did that and they let us in to eat. We talked with the daughter and her boyfriend and they had a lot of very good questions. I was prompted to turn on the Restoration video on our Ipads. The Spirit was VERY STRONG! I felt it running through me at some of the key parts. I thought that if I was feeling it then for sure Leo and Jessica were. I just knew it. Why else would I feel it? I don't need to Spiritual witness that it is true. I figured they got the witness. Well, we are going to start teaching them both and they had it planned to go to the Gilbert Temple Friday and Elder Ramos hasn't gone yet so I think we will be going. Hopefully it works out!
 
I focused hard on my studies this week and I learned so much. I was so engrossed in conference talks this week that I probably read a dozen from April 2012 just during lunches and breakfasts. It is amazing how much we don't get out of them if we just watch the talks when they come out! Having them in print is such a blessing. It was a great conference. President Eyring and President Monson's talks during Preisthood were right up my alley. They talked about becoming. Think about the potential that others have. Those two speak with such clarity and love. 
 
I also really enjoyed the Book of Mormon Doctrine of Christ reading this week! I added another little feature to my study in the Book; I am writing simple questions in the margin that are answered by what the prophets are saying in the text. I want to be able to give this copy away to someone who is investigating who can see how well this Book answers questions! The Book of Mormon honestly has every answer that we could look for. 
 
Yesterday was a lot of fun. If you ever find yourself wondering what I am doing on Sundays think of all the cool people I am meeting and talking to. Barrio Estrella is so great! The ward leadership is outstanding. Obispo Cid was a bishop in Puebla Mexico and in the La Joya ward here in Pheonix before here. He is SO knowedgeable. All the other leaders are great; Hermanos Figueroa, Cid, Bencomo, Ramos, Martinez and a lot more. I am not too personally connected to any of them yet, but I could admire every thing they do in the church from a distance. The Hispanic Arizona Saints are so dedicated! It really has blessed my life to know and work shoulder-to-shoulder with these people. We were with the Berelleza family this week. Just another recent convert, on fire family that you love to be around. They remind me of Ignacio, Luz, and the Sanchez family. There is a lot of work to do here and a lot of lives to bless. I know The Lord knows how it is to be done, I am to put my trust in him and show him my complete faith in His purposes. It is hard, but I am loving it here and Elder Ramos and I are living it up together!
 
Love Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment