Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy for Caroline!

I had a very spiritual moment and learning when it read one
of my favorite scriptures this week. I wanted to share it with you! I
have felt that the last 3 weeks have been exceptionally tough for me
so I was confiding with Elder Castro as we studied on Thursday. I read
Ether 12: 24-27 and I tried to imagine how Moroni must have felt when
he had just finished reading about the people of Jared written in
Adamic; from what he writes it sounds like he was astounded and it
made him feel sorry for his own weaknesses. It sounds like he is
praying to God when His voice comes to Moroni to tell him not to
worry. I read The first line of verse 27 and it stood out to me
different than it has before; it says that WHEN we come unto Christ
THEN he shows us our weaknesses. I feel like I have been coming unto
Christ pretty hard-core lately. I feel like He is helping me see my
weaknesses because I have shown him my willingness to change and come
unto Him. God wouldn't show us our weaknesses if we were hard-headed
or prideful or lazy. I am seeing the blessings of trials and
imperfections. Even though it seems harder than it usually is and that
I am messing up a little more than usual, God is showing me what I
need to do better  and I feel like I am returning the favor by trying
to improve! It was a powerful moment for me :)

This week was great. Every week is great and each one goes by faster
than the last. I am so happy for Caroline. Wow! Thanks for being such
a great example to me and to the whole family. You are going to have
so much fun with all your Bolivian friends! You will many South
American companeras tambien! Don't sweat it, you will do great out
there. You will probably see many more people to talk to in the
streets. And you will probably be taller than most people haha. I
can't believe Caroline is going on a mission! I always knew she would,
but it is just crazy how it is here already. Mom and Dad are going to
have 5 RM children! But only one Mexican: me (see photo below).

I love you all very much and anhelar to see you soon! But don't worry,
I am working really hard and happily out here and making lots of
friends. I don't really want to go home yet so here's to the rest of
the mish!


Love, Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment