Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Working Tirelessly



May 28, 2013

Hello Family!

The work continues here in the Sunshine State. We have been hearing from other missionaries and President about the boundary changes:  Elder Cardoso and I have lost a few friends to the Tempe Mission but we are here to stay. I am very happy to remain here in the new APM Hood: El Mirage.

We are still excited about all the changes to be made to missionary work in this historic time. Keep in mind that the Church is experimenting with different types of technology that have never been used by missionaries to better accelerate this work. Responses are being made to the influx of missionaries as well as the modern time that we live in now. Really cool stuff is happening. GO TO THE MEETING ON JUNE 23rd! It should be broadcast in church buildings (in Utah it may just be on TV or something). But figure it out because President Monson AND President Packer are speaking!

I have been working tirelessly. We have an hour less of studying in the morning since I am not being trained anymore so we are out the door at noon just about every day. Most zone meetings and activities with president are behind us now too and neither Elder Cardoso nor I have any assignments so we are just focusing on the work! It is very tiring. We are saving the church a lot of money being assigned to a bike area, but it is tiring haha. So this first week of this transfer has been a lot of work. It has actually been kind of disappointing too I am sad to say. Not a lot of success at all. We have been doing a lot of visits and stop-bys because no one commits to a lesson. This culture is really starting to frustrate me actually. We set a goal for eight investigators at church but only one came because six of them (three different families) went on vacation to California on a whim! Just like that! And it was three different families! AHHHHHHHHH. And we get members some nights when we call them but we just waste their time on visits! It is tough. The Lord is challenging me with this. Elder Cardoso says this is pretty normal to the mission, and culture, etc. It is hard. We are looking for people who are really prepared. Mario and Glenda were prepared and made the necessary sacrifices. We are looking for the next people.

I read about what Elder Oberg's opportunity to baptize his mother before he was released. As I was reading the letter I had it reaffirmed to me AT THE VERY MOMENT the realness of that ordinance and covenant with God. I know this Church is true. I know that it has been restored to the Earth and is being led by a prophet of God. I know that Baptism is the way. I know that everyone who spoke about it and everything else in the Libro De Mormon are VERY REAL PEOPLE. I am understanding the teachings of that book more and more every time I read them as I continue to know how real they are. They all exist and are looking to us today in this time to continue and conclude the work of the Lord. Stay strong all. Keep reading the Book of Mormon.

Love, Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment