Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Most Crazy




Dear Family,

I know I may say this every week, but this week was the MOST CRAZY!!
Your presence was definitely felt too! We had dinner at Rogelio Waldo
Jr,'s house (member in our ward), and he invited four families from
the Peoria ward (old friends), including, Rogelio Waldo Sr. So he told
us all about your visit. He said it was fun to meet you all; and that
you had snuck $40 to them. He said Isaac had 4 tacos. Nice! I had
flashbacks this week in talking to him and hearing from you of Elder
Pollmeier taking me there for the first time; it was last March and he
ordered for me. It was a delicious Quesadilla filled with meat and all
sorts of other things. The meat was Cow intestines; I didnt find that
out until after I had enjoyed it though thank goodness! Sister Taylor
was also texting me. I was really happy that you visited Glenda and
Cassandra Sanchez. It looks like Mario wasn't there :( But that is one
of my favorite families in all of Arizona. MAN! Crazy. The Jenkins are
awesome too. It looks like you had a blast over there. They came and
brought me cheesecake the night you visited them. I think I was at the
door talking to them when you drove through the parking lot. Wild. I
trusted you all week. I knew you would never do anything rash. Thanks
for visiting all these people, including the Taylors; it means a lot
to me and I am happy to share in my mission experiences with you. The
weather definitely is nice!

Tolleson got a new church!! It is so RAD! Probably the nicest LDS
church I have ever walked in considering that it is brand-spanking
new. So nice. It was very large too. Just as big as any stake center
down here. The keys are electronic and everything. It is a blast to be
down here with this place opening up. It brought in a lot of people on
Sunday too! over 100 more than usual said Hermano Figueroa. This week
was actually less-active round-up week. Elder Ramos and I had a lot of
fun because we were EXTREMELY guided by the Spirit and we got to meet
a lot of new families that hadn't been in a while. We saw 5 families
at church that we had taught that week! It was very rewarding for our
Heavenly Father. We hope to do a lot to keep these wonderful people
close to Him and coming regularly. We taught more lessons than usual
this week and it was cool to see people excited about the new
building. In the third hour, Obispo Cid the Noble, spoke to us for a
bit about the new church. He testified about how the people's tithing
and faithfulness brought it here and about how The Lord has guided
their lives, and the life of the ward, all up to this point. Even
though I don't really play that much of a part in all this, it was
nice to participate with the faithful members of the Estrella Ward in
Phoenix on Sunday. I felt the Spirit very strong when Obispo Cid was
talking. I am not exactly sure why but it was probably from the
hastening and urgency of this great work.

URGENCY! It is something that President has been hitting hard lately.
We need to have urgency in fulfilling our purpose and bringing souls
unto Christ. Things are really speeding up. I feel like I have had the
urgency since the beginning of the mission, but I need to better work
on guiding it and being efficient in my efforts. I am always working
hard, it is just a matter of how I guide my efforts. I thought about
this in a meeting we had on Wednesday. It was a very good meeting. I
felt impressed to implement more love into what we are doing. The best
missionary (and person) is one who takes every action out of love. For
others, for Heavenly Father, for the work--whatever it is. I also saw
Elder Cardoso, and 2 old friends from Surprise that are going home
TODAY! It is wild because I am at the same time right now where Elder
Cardoso was when he became my companion last April, and now he is
going!

Like I said, the Spirit did work this week. I think I know why too.
Tuesday was the best day because we found 6 people/families home to
teach and we taught them all. Each day one was just as good too. I
felt that as I recognized, thanked, asked for more, and looked for
more of these spiritual promptings and experiences they would come.
And they did! Why shouldn't we expect to be guided by the Spirit on a
daily basis? I am pretty sure The Lord would want us to expect them to
carry about righteous purposes; we just have to do our part. So I
poured my heart out in thanks as I prayed each night because of the
tender mercies of the Spirit. Elder Ramos, Elder Hiron (exchange) and
I were very guided this week. Tuesday, Elder Giron, asked me if we
could go to the library to do facebook that day, I said we didn't have
it planned but I guess we could. We went and as we reached to open the
door a lady answered and said "Elders! I prayed last night that I
would find you." and so we swapped information and she brought two
nonmember friends to the new church on sunday, one got emotional in
RElief Society, and the lady we met bore her testimony; later a
less-active who went said she was crying as she listened to her
testimony. it was a spiritual chain that began with Elder Hiron
changing our plans and me, somewhat-blindly saying "sure."

I also learned this week that Satan is REAL. No, I am not coming home.
but You can't get away from him on the mission. Don't look for a break
from his temptations. He exists and I think he feels the same urgency
and hastening that I am feeling and that The Lord is trying to help us
all feel. I think he is really trying to balance things out with The
Lord speeding things up. It is kind of scary; we have learned that
even the most faithful of hearts will fail in the last days. Without
getting too dramatic, I wanted to share this because I have felt
temptation to be lazy, not to work, to be negative, or to do stupid
things. Satan is working. Build your foundations on the Rock of
Christ.

If you could have the Ledezmas and the Machucas in your prayers that
would do us well. Priscilla, Rigo, Eric, and Susie Ledezma are
investigating! The dad, Rigo Sr. is a member but he is very COLD right
now. We are praying and trying so hard with them. Praying for
miracles! We found the Machuca family and the wife, Rosa is not a
member. We love them so much and are really pulling for them. I feel
good about the people here. I am loving it where I am at.

Oh by the way--nothing is changing. Same apartment members, companion,
area, assignment, work, scriptures, prophet, and President Taylor.
Just 2 new sisters in our all-sister-district-except-for-Elder
Ramos-and-I. Oh and get excited for General Conference!!!

Love, Elder Parry

Sent from The Lord's iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment