Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Nada!

Dear Family, so I am going on my first companionship of three transfers and am here to stay in Barrio Estrella. Not going to lie, it was kind of a relief! Today and yesterday (like all weekends before possible changes) were kind of a whirlwind of hair-brained conjectures--as much consciously as subconsciously. I had frantic thoughts of getting shipped off to the Mexican-free Flagstaff and other stuff. It is all good though. I am happy and Elder Ramos is really happy too.
 
This week made me so happy. I don't remember all of it but let me hit the highlights. Ward Mission Leader #6 for me was called this week and he is a WINNER. Absolutely fantastic. He has done more in a week then 5 previous WML put together. Hermano Murietta is a STUD. Really, the faith of these Saints just astounds me. He gets off work then takes his three kids and wife with him on visits, to baptisms, to meetings, to this, and that, and he has made me laugh almost more than any other member. Good, bright future here. Our ward is baptizing weekly. Jessica is SO STRONG for this weekend :) Her dad will baptize her. We told her today we were staying and she said "hip hip horray!" OHYA! Rosa is still strong too! We are finding new people; Mariana and her husband loved church. They loved how we don't worship saints. THANK YOU! That was nice to hear--finally hearing it. #Hispanics #whoisthe"virginofGuadalupe?" While Jessica was getting interviewed we brought Leo, her boyfriend, into the chapel to get down to earth with him. We had a great lesson and some King Lamoni type prayers. He knows he should be baptized. He has felt the Spirit. HE will come to Jessica's baptism and feel ready after that #Sunday. Last night we taught Sonia--she is a returning member who now has unwavering faith, she is so cool and I just love learning with her because of her great faith--and her nonmember brother. He has a dark past and has regular bad encounters with dark forces. Anyway, it sounded bad. We gave him a priesthood blessing and he got up after and started crying bad. He said he wanted to feel something but felt nothing at all. I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. Sonia and I kept trying to follow the Spirit and reason with him. About the 4th or 5th time I opened my mouth to talk I said something about patiently waiting for the Spirit and the Spirit hit me so hard! I am sure it hit him too. Kind of funny how the thing I was saying to him and the point I was trying to get across was exactly what I needed to hear to help me understand what happened in the Priesthood Blessing. I bet he needed to hear it too. Jaime will be fine. He is in the Lord's hands and we are sent to help him. I can't remember what else happened this week, just that I am having fun and having new, rewarding experiences on an hourly basis. Looking forward to the next six weeks. Don't blink now, I will be home soon! 
 
Love you all, Elder Parry  

No comments:

Post a Comment