Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference


Wonderful wonderful news from home! Thanks for the email y'all! I learned a lot this week and was fed spiritually by conference. It is always good. I couldn't possible pick a favorite but I really loved Elder Perry's talk on obedience. He really took a great angle on it. I got some good revelation on "self-assurance;" I can know that I am doing fine if I am being obedient to the prophet, the Gospel, and my testimony of it. It is as simple as that. Priesthood was one of the best in years! This was good because our investigator, Leo came and sat next to me! We had some delicious Mexican food with the two Spanish wards in the stake in between sessions on Sunday. Elder timm, apartment mate, and I went out together one night because our companions were sick. It was one of the coolest nights of my mission! We met a lady who told us that she would never change and she was happily catholic but that she would listen. Francis listened and at the end was crying, asking if she could pray, describing how the spirit felt to her, and committed to praying about Joseph smith. We are NOTHING in our efforts without the Spirit. That gives me good comfort that I am doing my best. I know that my best effort is acceptable because the Spirit has to do the rest. Also- we wouldn't have been able to help her be touched by the spirit if we didn't let her here and say a few things in Spanish so it was good that The Lord planned things out for me to be there in elder timms area. The Lord is mindful. I love my mission. I love Rosa Machuka--she is humbly committed to being baptized on May 4th!!!! and Jessica is set for the 27th still (Mario and Glenda's baptism date in 2013). I love meeting so many people and I love trying to grow. I say trying because it is hard and you can't do it on cruise control. It is really tough out here and quite often I want to just relax and forget all I need to do. But every time that happens I use the Atonement to shut it down and move on! Keep being missionaries, not because you feel obligated, but because you love sharing the Restoration with others. I love you all and know that The Lord has a wonderful place prepared for us all, including those working in the Spirit world alongside us, as we continue to do what we are doing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment