Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, April 28, 2014

The Taylor Stealth Bomber



I am so pumped to report on this week! It went super well. We will
start at the top; our ward has baptized the last two weeks and are
scheduled for more the next 3 out of 4! We hope to keep adding on to
the list as time goes on :) It is fun being here with Hermano Murrietta, some very strong and loving leaders, and the 4 sister
missionaries. I have not my entire mission felt the work hastening as I feel it here--LEAD by the members. That is true urgency. When these families catch the wave and not just the clueless teenager
missionaries haha. Jessica's baptism went very well. A lot of her
family are recent converts so they were all their, emotional, and
excited for her. Many, many people from the ward came to support and
we all went over to the Patinos after to eat cow-head tacos with them. It was there how much I realized I love this ward. I am having so much fun with them. I didn't think I would like anywhere as much as Rama Estrella, but this place is pretty cool. Jessica is very determined.  She wasn't nervous or indecisive at all. That is what I loved. She had received answers to her prayers before we came. She knew she was ready to get baptized before we came. We just reaped what had been sewed--primarily by her faith, with the help of her family and other members and missionaries. This is a cool family. Her dad, Pepe, baptized her.

Elder Ramos went with President Taylor today to downtown so I didn't
get to road trip :( I am on a tri-panionship right now with the
apartment members. It is fun. Our new roommate is one of the Hawaiian Elders I played basketball with on Christmas! Elder Ramos has had some hard core preparation the past couple days. HAsn't eaten for 36 hours and he is on some laxatives. Interesting Sabbath Day and Baptismal service. He is a trooper though.

Cool Spiritual end to the week: I finished the Book of Mormon that I
had started in January--yesterday before the baptism. I was nearing
the end and had decided to do Moroni's promise again when I finished
just for the heck of it. However, as I was reading verses 4 and 5 I
felt the Spirit and it kept coming so I just stopped reading so I
could focus on how I was feeling. I flat out couldn't deny any of it
ever. I was just so strong. I know it is true. I knelt down after not to ask anything but just to say that I knew it was true and that I always would know it. I shared how I felt later that night at the
baptism in the missionary presentation. The Spirit was very strong in that room when Elder Ramos and I shared. It was sweet. Mariana and Ernesto were there.

Mariana and Ernesto are SO COOL! She is the one who came to the
Pastorela with us on a whim. We went with Hermano Barrera on Thursday and by the end of the lesson she kept asking what she needs to do to be ready for baptism. Anyway, they are both locked in for May 25th. Rosa didn't come to church this week! She missed her interview too! She had to take her kids to the hospital. We told her that Satan works hard when people are about to get baptized. Sometimes God even backs off a little so make one stronger before they are baptized. Rosa is so strong. Her husband is not too strong but he is working his way back. She is soo coooool. I love her. She will be baptized this weekend.

Mariana and Ernesto are good to go. The Spirit has guided us and her
member friends every step of the way and will continue as we visit
them. Remember the lesson with Jaime? He came to church on wednesday
('coincidentally' he decided to walk to the church that night when all the members had their activities so he walked in and Hermano Rene gave him a tour) and he came to church, met everybody, wants to go do visits with us on wednesday! However, just like Karina, he lives in the Sister's area. ay caray lolz.

Dad: To follow up on some of your emails. Yes it is getting hot here
but this past week has been very pleasant. It is too bad it is going
to start getting a lot hotter. I loved being in the heat on bike. You have an excuse for being sweaty, tired, thirsty, hungry, and to get into people's houses. Now, it is hotter in car. I guess I could apply what I said in my farewell talk and use the seat belt to iron my clothes :) I like the heat though. It makes me feel cool; like what you said. Also-President Taylor loves the "7-minute-lesson." He has trained us all mission on the "Taylor Stealth Bomber" which is a
less-than-10-minute walk in to the person's home, don't ask for water, ask what needs they have, offer a prayer on the home and the family, state authority, ask for specific blessings, pray for people by name,take some moments of silence after (some have been very long), then ask them what the Spirit has told them or who the Spirit has told them that we visit. Then we schedule up a follow-up appointment with them or with their friends and them. It is a very powerful Spirit. It is one reason my current area is so alive right now. I love the Taylor Stealth bomber! He wants us to do it when he's gone too haha.

I am learning a lot out here don't worry about me. I am eating a lot
too. This week I had Panvasos again finally, Chile Relleno (entire
green bell peppers stuffed with food)(I ate 3), and some other stuff. Elder Ramos is teaching me a lot. Most importantly of all for me; I have felt the Spirit's influence on a more regular basis. Elder Ramos and I agree that we have felt it the most our whole missions the last 2 months together. Keep it real family. I am going to be honest, sorry I am not very motivated about replying back about all the specifics going on in your lives at home. I like to share what is going on with me (Selfish right?), but I really do relish everything you have to say about home and what you are up to. It makes me happy. You are all doing great. Sounds like you are having fun. Things are getting down to the wire for Caroline aren't they? :D

Love you, Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment