Elder Jake Parry

Elder Jake Parry
Arizona Phoenix Mission

Monday, July 29, 2013

Ignacio Was Baptized


 
Dear Family,

Ignacio was baptized this Saturday. His wife, Luz, wants to set things straight with her parents first but says she will be baptized soon. We're not worried. Maria was in Mexico for a week. That was really frustrating. She missed her interview so we scheduled another one. Ignacio came out with us yesterday and bore his testimony with great power and authority. I don't know that there is a more prepared person out there. Rene is super solid too.

I have learned a lot about myself this week through some of my challenges and mistakes. I certainly am full of weaknesses but I am trying so hard to overcome them. I don't want this to sound all negative or anything. Just know that I am trying so hard! And It is just in my nature to never feel like I am doing enough or doing as well as I could. So i don't think I will stop trying haha. It is just an ongoing fight for me--a blessing and a curse. I am learning more and more every day about our Savior and our Heavenly Father's Plan for us.

Wow! Home is bouncing! I cannot believe Sam is almost able to drive. That is just so weird to me. And football was a good choice. Keep tearing it up! Keep the brave quarters alive. And don't forget to visit the creek! That is where you rest your muscles in the ice cold nature canyon stream, almost naked too! No matter what happens in football, just take it for what it is. Don't settle for not doing your best or not having fun because of the decisions or actions of others. Something that is good to know on the mission too haha. Sounds like Caroline had a blast in SA! That is pretty rad-not going to lie. Next time you go take me so I can eat the food and translate the language. I am pretty happy to say that I am completely comfortable with the language. That is such a blessing for me to have this early. I still hope to sharpen the skills. Are you still rolling around in the Jeep? How are things going getting ready for the Sr. year? Man, that year was blast, and I am sure it will be for you. You're one to never have let dumb things make you unhappy. Keep tearing it up. Isaac you can take joy in the fact that I will be dieting with you! Haha. I need to eat a little better so I have made that an emphasis for me the next few weeks. I think my face looks a bit chubbier (like Isaac's). Haha Just kidding. The Sports news is wild. The Ravens had their historic year--good for them. I am a Cardinals fan now. And I always knew Arod was a cheater. Sounds like Evan is having a blast working for the Polys. You should come down here with Payne. Every other Mexican I have met does landscaping for someone who lives in Glendale. All the yards up there must be comparable to the yards of Heaven. All there are in El Mirage are front yards full of dead cacti and rocks. Lots of landscaping to be done and being done, down here. Are you getting ready for school? Marriage? Kids!? I wish I could be around for all the cool house projects! Save some work for me mom! How does the house look? The bills for the projects? :D Keep up the good work dad! Being on my mission has really helped me appreciate all the work that is done behind the scenes by those holding callings. It has been especially cool to think of you in your calling while I am working with such amazing members. One of my favorites, Hermano Jenkins, served in Oregon Spanish speaking and married a Venezuelen who speaks perfect English but they decided to do Spanish because white people are weird (Hermano is white). His life is devoted to the church. It is cool to see. He has been in the Branch presidency for eight straight years and told us he doesn't forsee being released ever. The faith and dedication of the Arizona saints is astounding to me.

This week was great. Busy and tiring too. But I loved it. I learned so much. I wish I could think of what it is specifically but I cant really think of anything, otherwise I would tell you. I am going through and experiencing a lot and just wish I could cap it all in and use it. I am not yet the missionary or member I want to be so it is a good thing I have all this time left to do it :) I love you all and miss you. Thanks for all your prayers, thoughts (and yes I got the package thank you so much-check out the tie in the picture I send you) and love for me. I know that I am on the Lord's errand. I know I am entitled to His help. I know that our Savior died for each and every one of us and was so lovingly sent by His Father to do so. I know that He understands each of us and wants the best for us. Thank Him for the trials. Thank Him for each day :) Love you


Love, Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment